Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 13 February 2014

It’s the climb

“After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.”
                                                                                            Nelson Mandela


This quote prepares one so well for so many aspects of life. So often we work extremely hard towards something expecting that it will be smooth sailing after that particular goal is reached – only to find that, that victory was only the beginning of the next mission.

You pass Grade 7 and quickly find yourself at the bottom of the High School food-chain, finish the 5km race in record time and realise it’s going to take double the effort to conquer the 10km. The beautiful thing about climbing these hills is the improvement that it suggests. I find it so important to keep moving and pushing myself to that next level.


It’s only natural that some hills will take longer to climb – these are usually the ones with greater reward –  so when the going gets tough, stay focussed on your goal. 

I feel I’m preaching a bit ^^ but I guess this is what happens when I find a beautiful quote in my diary (my mom still gives thee most meaningful gifts). I happened to turn over the page for a look at my day tomorrow and I just have to share this quote as well.

“What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate”
                                                                                                Donald Trump


Someone recently suggested that I stop looking forward to the weekend or dreading Monday as this helps give each day the appreciation, energy and happiness it deserves. Having said that, I know that we do get tired towards the end of the week– Keep at it ladies and gentz - every hill climbed is worth it's struggles.


Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment