Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 18 February 2014

The Zit

Now the sweetest thing happened yesterday. I bumped into a beautiful friend of mine and in the middle of the conversation she touched my skin and said,"Asinova, your skin looks beautiful". Usually I would've just said thank you and not thought too much about it but she couldn't have said this on a better day.

On Sunday I found a bold zit right under my eye and while it wasn't on my forehead, people do spend the duration of a conversation starring you in the eye - so this was just as bad. I know a whole lot of ladies will be thinking I'm a little cray-cray for this but I really believe that hiding a pimple with concealer or layers of foundation is not the solution. So I decided to wear my zit with pride (as much pride as I could muster) yesterday despite the major complex this gave me the WHOLE day ^^

Too often ladies forget the power they have to build each other up. And we all know that a genuine compliment goes a long long way - especially with us girls. So today I'd like to encourage you to give at least one compliment to a fellow classmate, student or colleague and watch that smile grow.



"The most beautiful curve on a woman's body is her smile."

                                                       Bob Marley

Someone just shared this video on Facebook and I found it so fitting for this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment