Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 1 May 2014

Hay sweet. Water fresh. Peppermints


Magic Study 
Maria V. Snyder

Yesterday I read a book. I had the grandest adventure from the comfort of my bed. Look, I read a whooole lot on a daily basis, and while you can get hopelessly lost in a textbook, textbooks don’t exactly offer the same page-turning thrill I experienced last night. 



Now I don’t want to spoil it for anyone but basically, this is a lovely book about a girl trying to confront her past and control the future. We all know that book reviews are all over the internet so I will just share my favourite paragraph.


“I gazed up at the sky, watching the stars dance while waiting for sleep. Kiki’s view of life sounded right. Good food, fresh water, an occasional sweet and someone to care for. That’s what everyone should have. A simplistic and unrealistic view I knew but it soothed me.”


Yelena, the protagonist, is crazy about her blue-eyed horse and thanks to Yelena’s mind-reading ability, we can enjoy some of Kiki’s thoughts. And man, what a hilarious and clever creature.



 I know Mrs Mundell would be proud, I reckon I covered a year’s worth of 10 minute reading sessions yesterday and this morning. My English teacher back in high school always encouraged us to MAKE time to read. "Just 10 minutes," she would say.

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.” ― George R.R. MartinA Dance with Dragons

No comments:

Post a Comment