Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 10 December 2014

North Sea


Vengaboys - We're Going to Ibiza

It had been a few days since Jarryd arrived in Germany and we had just returned from our trip to Spain. What we were expecting was water, yeah, actually, just a bit of water since we’d traveled all the way to see the sea. We weren’t expecting the wild waves of Jeffrey’s Bay but I guess we’d both imagined a tad bit more water from the North Sea. This beach though offered a completely different view from what I usually expect from a trip to the sea. Shallow waters for QUITE a distance and on this particular day the sky was grey and instead of a few giggles from playful children, we walked into a calm scene of adults walking hands entwined across the shallow waters.






I was a happy girl on this day. Not only because of my minor addiction to this summer hat at the time but I thought of the many miles between the Indian Ocean and the North Sea. I remembered an afternoon Jarryd and I had enjoyed double-thick Friesland milkshakes watching the Indian Ocean in East London. And it just reminded me what an amazing friend this guy has been for so many years.
Now when I asked Jarryd if he would do the Amazing Race with me he simply said “no”. I thought, o wow, traitor but his reason was so valid I’d had to let it slide. So you can all just imagine the victorious smug on my face when I read his tweet a few days ago. My dear friend @JarrydPrince nominated me, yes ME, to travel 500 000km to lovely London and never-sleeping  New York thanks to a lovely competition run by SAA (South African Airways). This is obviously an idea that Jarryd got running around my mind and now that it is here, I can’t stop imagining it all. From the concrete jungle that is New York to “my Londi Londi Londi” (if you don’t know Fergie you might not get that one). My thoughts have come from, “I need a holiday” to “I neeeeeed to be in New York and in London with my bestfriend Jarryd.” Not only to make–up for the lack of travel that I have done this year but also to celebrate my second degree obtained :D



So in order to win this competition Jarryd and I have to get the most retweets on twitter. Now you will all remember that I only started tweeting away in May of this year. My TL (timeline) is flooded with lyrics and typos (thank you autocorrect) but I have had crazy amounts of fun following The Best Vines and a couple of interesting people. Back to the matter at hand. I would like to beg, on my knees even, that you please retweet Jarryd’s tweet and help us add more incredible memories to our ship. A few awesome people have already shown support retweeting the link and while I cannot mention all the names, it is so wonderful to know that there are people who will always do what they can to help one out, expecting nothing in return. Thank you. I kindly ask that you please retweet making use of the link below. I reckon such a trip would be the best excuse to introduce a vlog channel to Earth to Asi, seeing more of this earth together video after video.

THE TWEET



Thank you so much everyone. To those who are already enjoying the December holidays – I’m all kinds of green envy. To those in my shoes, still working and craving the holiday spirit, keep at it and remember, hard work always pays off.

Kisses* 

No comments:

Post a Comment