Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday 1 March 2014

The do over




Not so long ago I received this beautiful gift from my aunt. I just LOVE the quality and colours so much. So, as you would imagine, I couldn’t wait to try these babies out. Problem was, the rest of me i.e. my hair, was seriously in bad shape, possibly on its “worst behaviour” as my brother would say. So I decided to treat myself to a mini make-over – it was long overdue if you ask me.


My make-over saw me taking one giant leap, one tiny step and a little walk to an old friend. 

The Giant Leap


I CHANGED MY CREME RELAXER!! I was so worried about doing this. Now during my insane research to ensure that I didn’t lose all my hair in the process I realised that most people actually chop and change creme relaxer all the time. I’d been loyal to Ladine for as long as I could remember –  with Ladine all my growth was straightened and my hair was left feeling and looking nourished. But for some strange reason, more and more hair salons stopped buying Ladine and those who still had it in stock were just going wild with increasing the price of this dear product.

In “Keepin’ it Fresh” I mentioned that I tried out the Dark and Lovely Amla Legend night wrap cream and was absolutely pleased with the results - so I decided that I’d give this brand another chance (having had some experience with Dark and Lovely Amla Legend put my mind at ease – well as much ease as I could manage in the midst of major distress).



This lovely box comes with a step-by-step application guide and a pair of plastic gloves. Then, as if that’s not enough, all the items in the box are labelled numerically. 

I have to mention that the one thing that appeared repeatedly in the advice columns was that it’s not so much about changing relaxers but all a matter of taking the best care of your hair after changing from one hair relaxer to another. This means regular treatment, wash and moisturising within the same product range. 

It’s been a week now and my hair’s still attached to my head and looking and feeling strong. And while Dark and Lovely did a really good job ensuring that my relaxing process went smoothly, I decided to add a little something extra. I invited my friend over for moral support because this was the first time I relaxed my own hair and just to save me from the horrors of my imagination. 


The tiny step


This was of course the easiest part and just this once – thee most exciting. I usually use my Catrice Absolute Nude eye-shadow palette because the colours go really well with my skin tone but this time I explored with the lovely mustard #34 and went quite heavy with the black #48 in my crease (I usually use the darkest brown in my palette instead of black). You’ll notice that I also applied some of the mustard shadow close to my dear ducts just to make my eyes “pop”.

If you’d fancy a more extensive eye make-up and eyebrow “tutorial” including the winged liner and lashes, be sure to let me know. 




The walk to an old friend


Now we all know that all roads lead to the Red Lip. So I finished this look off with some bold red lips. I used my Labello lip balm (also included in my ‘Keepin’ it Fresh’ post) as a base and went on to apply a generous amount of Yardley’s Stayfast Supershine Lipgross.




And voilĂ ...







I hope you enjoyed my mini make-over and maybe it will even inspire you to have a mini make-over of your own. Coz when you look good you can’t help but just feel good.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment