Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday 8 March 2014

Gotta love Glamour

Now Glamour magazine knows just how to make a girl’s month.



I’ve been collecting Glamour goodies for as long as I can remember. I still remember rocking my first pair of Glamour shades in 2009. That was the beginning of my wonderful journey with over-sized sunnies. Getting the freebies gave me the opportunity to give the glasses a bit of a trial run. I was always a little scared of buying big glasses – I just thought it would be rather unfortunate if I bought the glasses only to realise a week later that the glasses didn’t suit me at all.

But moving back to some current affairs. This month’s issue comes with this divine GlamBerry lipstick. Now you shouldn’t judge me, but the golden packaging of this lipstick is what actually got me buying this magazine. I stood at Clicks thinking,”Well I can’t really tell what colour the lipstick is exactly but the packaging looks quite glamourous.”

One often needs to lower expectations when it comes to freebies. So I rushed home to see just how rich this “rich” hue was and of course, whether or not it would do my complexion and taste any justice. And I must just tell you ladies, I’m as impressed as I’ve always been with Glamour freebies.






 I easily keep a new pair of jeans or shirt in my wardrobe for months – but when it comes to beauty products I swear I often wish I could fly home! I had to just remind myself that vegetables WILL melt if I don’t put them in the fridge first. So after packing some groceries away I got down to the business of trying out this new shade and I tell you, it was definitely worth the risk of the unknown.







I’m off to a braai (South African for “barbeque”) after my jog tonight and while I would usually dress very casually for braai’s, tonight I’ll be adding some glamour to my outfit with this lovely GlamBerry. If you’re just as “Gaga” over this month’s issue, please do share a snap or two with the Glamberry or the GlamPink (available in other copies).


 


Some extras – previous Glamour freebies. 



I had such a good laugh when I started writing this post. I had to check when I got the over-sized sunglasses. 18 year old me was quite the diva it seems. Haha, still can’t decide what’s worse between the semi duck face and the weird neck angle but definitely great memories. (These are the only hoop earrings I’ve ever worn- perhaps I should give hoops another chance). 


I carry this make-up bag with me everywhere. It does a really good job ensuring that I can always touch-up my make-up a little whenever I need to.


 
Another pair of Glamour glasses. I got these ones last year and I love-love them. The beautiful thing about these sunglasses is that as much as I love them, because of their price, I really wouldn’t be very sad if I lost them. 

Have a lovely weekend all and Happy Woman's Day!!

Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment