Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 3 August 2014

My "scents" worth


The Temptations - My Girl

Photographer - Marelize Smit

Those who follow my Facebook page and @AsiLily on Twitter will remember me going ooon and on about creating my own fragrance a couple of weeks ago. So in order to give you sound feedback, I thought I’d splash myself with all that melon goodness for a couple of weeks, then only fill you in on the story of how inspiration from Chanel’s Coco Mademoiselle met watermelon, clean cotton and rain.


I recently saw a picture of Jason Vivier holding a rather fat cheque on Facebook and I thought, ”I need to hear more about this.” So I got ahold of him and a few days later we met for an entire afternoon of sniffing and sighing in both distaste but mostly delight. Look, these days there is a smell for everything. From the smell of money to sandalwood.


On my way to Jason’s I was thinking, yeay! This is so exciting. I got there and my feelings went from boasts of excitement to “O my soul, where do I start?” Bottle after bottle, labelled with some insanely interesting names that I’d either never heard of or had no idea what scent to expect. Now, this is where having an expert like Jason comes in. His experience mixing perfumes and getting feedback from different customers have made him quite the perfume whisperer if you ask me. So thanks to Jason, in the end, I had a blast mixing things up my way.

A couple hours after I arrived home I was on my way to a farewell party with a friend, and thought it was a great time to take my new baby for a test drive. Now you obviously don’t want to walk around forcing people to sniff you, so I took the discreet approach, slightly raising my neck during conversation (extremely discreet right...) and when a girl FINALLY commented on my lovely perfume I could’ve jumped up and down!! But of course, I thanked her gracefully and shared how I’d spent the afternoon making use of my o-so-amazing math skill to get my dilution ratios just right.







Since that day I’ve been thinking of what I’d call my fragrance. I wanted a name that gave credit where it’s due. With a 30% contribution to the final ratio, watermelon (my favourite fruit) had to be mentioned somehow. And with the help of my housemates I was able to come up with “Melon Splash”, “Melon Demon” and other crazy names like “Let it Rain Watermelon”. We’re still working on it ^^ Do let me know if you have any better suggestions, better yet, start thinking of the name for your bottle of perfume. 

And while my experience with Jason Viviers' perfumes was a reflection of my taste and preferences, I would absolutely recommend his existing unique perfumes and those inspired by designer fragrances. You reckon it’s time you wore You by YOU or simply explored with one of Jason’s creations... Be sure to contact Jason Viviers on the following platforms...

PS: Some job prospects also available for those with a knack for personal selling...

+27 83 297 8455

Cheerio everyone, have a lovely week Xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment