Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday 23 August 2014

Zambia | Booze Cruise

And so everyone... The story of the beginning of my obsession with the sun goes a little something like this... Setting – Zambia, the Zambezi River. Chilling in a boat with giraffe on my right and to my left, a very relaxed-looking crocodile eyeing its prey near the boat. Coming towards me, a smiling tourist with a glass of wine in hand and behind Caro’s voice, chatter and giggles from our fellow Booze Cruise passengers.




On the list of several touristic activities one could enjoy in Zambia stood “Sunset Cruise”. In small letters below the name it was written, “aka The Booze Cruise”. Although this deal promised the best sunset in Africa surrounded by the picturesque beauty of the Zambezi River, I believe the “free alcohol throughout the duration of the boat ride” sealed the deal for most tourists.


After we’d enjoyed a light meal, Caro and I moved around the boat a bit. At a stage we were sitting with a young European couple who were to travel a lovely 18 hour journey to Lusaka the next day. These two had been to a number of African countries appreciating all the differences and similarities between Africa and Europe and if I had had any fear of venturing into the unknown before, that day had seen those fears vanish and replaced by a desire to see more of this world we live in. The hours flew by as we chatted away, snapped away at the beauty of it all and waved at other passengers in boats passing by.







I actually had such a good laugh going through these pictures. Debonairs tripple-decker pizzas had me looking like moon face. In 2011 I also went through a hideous floral period. There was my floral dress, a lovely gift from Jay Jays. I'd compliment my dress with my non-complementing  floral bag and just to ensure I was the right level of flower mania, I'd rock my floral shades. And you'd literally never find me anywhere without my favourite hair-clips with pink flowers. O I thank the style gods for putting an end to that mismatched phase of my life.










We did not exchange numbers with any of the people we'd met in the boat that day. Simply because while some people are in your life to stay, others are simply there for a moment, a beautiful moment, embedded in memories that will never leave you. 

And this post marks the end of our Zambian adventure. I look forward to doing more of these kinds of posts in months to come and I sure hope you'll let me bring you some interesting adventures only a few clicks away, from the comfort of your home. 

Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment