Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Once you go black



Photography - Marelize Smit  

The sun is starting to shine a little brighter, the sky bluer (if that’s even a word) and soon the birds will be a chirping busily at the break of dawn. Yes everyone, Spring is upon us. So I thought, before I bring out my short-shorts and everything else short, let me bid winter farewell with one last post dedicated to my fav winter colour and some of my go-to items this past winter.


Once simply can’t go wrong with the black leather jacket in winter. You can throw this baby over layers of jerseys and cardigans, not forgetting the denim shirt for some definition and structure or a simple black or white T in warmer winter days.

My second fav has to be my black jeans. I cannot tell you how much I struggled to find a pair that fits around the waist without being too long. I am a LITTLE vertically challenged  so finding the right pair of jeans can be a real mission. But I’ve really been enjoying all my lucky finds at Cotton On this year, let’s hope they keep things short and sweet for us shorter people. Jeans are a must-have for all seasons so I will definitely be pairing these with some floral tops this spring and we’ll see if some sneaky crop-tops aren’t in the cards this coming summer.






These sunnies have also been man’s best friend this winter. I’ve never been the biggest fan of shades but for some reason, sunlight gets really mean in winter and I end-up pulling all sorts of crazy faces. There’s also the added benefit of a great cover-up coz nothing hides a lazy no make-up day more fashionably than sunglasses.



Another thing I will definitely miss is seeking some outfit inspiration from Wendy Nguyen’s winter pairings videos. For those who don’t know, Wendy is one of my fav bloggers and a “youtube guru” as they are often referred to. I’ll add a link to one of Wendy’s videos below. And I am pretty sure Wendy’s got some lovely spring pairing tricks up her sleeve.






So whenever the weather decides to be as sunny and warm as it ought to be it will be me, you and Dupree, I mean, me, you and spring!!


Happy spring everyone and have a lovely week** 


Xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment