Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday 23 June 2014

Port Elizabeth ǀ The Milky Way



Back to project PE. Every day in PE started at 06:30. This time was totally doable the Tuesday thanks to the early night on Monday – I can’t tell you what an issue it became after we’d completely lost track of time at Barney’s karaoke night and dancing my toosh off at Gondwana.


But everyone managed to catch the bus on time and off we were to Woodlands.  Woodlands Dairy is one of the largest manufacturers of UHT milk in South Africa and the company’s products are marketed under the FIRST CHOICE ® brand name. Basically we learned a lot and asked a whole lot more. That is rather vague isn’t it... It was honestly a little difficult to hear our guide in the beginning but one of the facts I picked up left some of my fellow colleagues shocked for days. Had I been allowed to take my camera into the factory I would’ve shared some of the lovely facial expressions from the Woolies’ supporters when we were told that  - the only difference between First Choice Milk from Spar and Woolies milk was the Woolworth’s bottle. And well... all those extra Rands you pay. Simply because they share a manufacturer. There's no special production line for any shop - only differences in the packaging.









Back in the bus we played endless rounds of charades – getting thee most absurd guesses from certain people but it was all great fun. And before we knew it we’d made our way into beautiful Jeffreys Bay. Now the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Jeffreys (besides the amazing beach) are the factory shops. And just to make things that extra bit exciting, everything was marked down, an insane discount of 50% per item. Unfortunately this didn’t make the clothes dirt cheap but I guess even after years learning marketing tricks, it’s just so easy to fall for these ploys.





I don’t think any of the guys were surprised when the girls and I were the last people to come running towards the bus. One simply can’t leave girls to wander in a place full of factory shops and expect them to remember anything they’ve ever heard about time management. But it wasn’t just the shopping that got us hooked on Jeffreys. Join me in the next post – trust me, what we found may not blow you away but it could be all the inspiration you need for your next visit to Jeffreys Bay. 

Have a beautiful week guys 

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment