Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday 11 July 2014

Miss Asi



O goodness, it feels like years since I was last home. I cannot wait to spend a week with my favourite lady in the whole wide world and to hear my dearies calling me “Miss Asi” all day long.


In 2010 I paid my mom a surprise visit and just to ensure I got to see as much of her as I could – I dediced I’d go to school with her. My mom is a headmaster in a school somewhere in rural Transkei. Now back then there was no electricity in my mom’s village and to make matters worse, I had a Blackberry. So after a few hours my battery died. I consulted with the headmaster and was given permission to take one of the classes. A few hours later I was laughing my head off listening to what the scholars had to say. They have some of thee most interesting views on life.

I’d had such a lovely week bonding with my mom and teaching Grade 9 English that 2011 found me back in the Transkei giving extra lessons before exams. By 2012, visiting my mom and her school for a week had become a thing, a thing I always really look forward to. So humbling and so special.


And while laughter from my classes could be heard from the school gate, home-time remained the best time of the day. So one hot Friday my mom and I decided we’d make the way home a bit faster with a lift for some of the eager beavers.  











Happy Friday guys** And if your home time hasn’t come yet, hang in there. Couple more hours ;)
Xx 



No comments:

Post a Comment