Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 3 July 2014

Port Elizabeth ǀ Back to Business


My expectations were quite high for Volkwagen and just as I’d expected, VW didn’t disappoint. Tim is currently doing an internship at Volkswagen in Germany so once I managed to kick thoughts of him out of my mind I was ready to enjoy everything our tour guide had to say.


The factory part of the tour basically sucked for my group. When it was our turn all the machines were down coz the staff had to complete some questionnaires. So our guide was all too eager to tell us about cool things like the “marriage” which is basically when the car comes together, but all this wonderful stuff was followed by,”but unfortunately you won’t see that, but the next group will see it all.” Luckily for him, he was equipped with quite a sense of humour so I think we all easily forgave him and everyone else for denying us the opportunity to see it all come together.


I believe that Volkswagen hosts several schools and families etc so they had several things in place to keep one entertained on their visit to the factory. An added bonus of their hosting experience was taking the little tour train instead of having to walk through all the factories. So we all spent a good couple of hours enjoying all the devices, the games and just looking at the wonderful Volkswagen journey throughout the years.    
















My first sale!!!!!

And just when I thought the day couldn’t get any better, my koeksuster came to pick me up and off we were to visit Granny for a lovely cup of tea. We reminisced about some of the good old days in Granny’s flat in Stutt – I find that happy memories with love and laughter easily stick around one’s mind.  I hadn’t seen Granny in ages so seeing her and the beach house was such a treat.


After a quick visit to Phillippa's place we were off to an evening of sushi. This was followed by a hilarious chill-session in the hotel and a little convincing found me at Gondwana's pulling some crazy moves. I have to admit, I was a little exhausted thanks to karaoke the night before but one simply can't snore away a tour.
  

Take some time to reflect on your own journey and if things aren't going the way you'd hoped, switch gears and change direction. Happy Thursday all**

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment