Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 20 July 2014

Silver Lining



On Wednesday I sat thinking, what am I doing with my nails this week. And that thought somehow led to thoughts about my good old days with gel nails. An entire month of great nails – no chipping what so ever – just days on end of creative bliss. 



I'd spent years being reprimanded at school thanks to my nails. I actually remember hiding in the girls bathroom until the second period just to avoid the prefects (luckily we spent half of that period in assembly). I'd then spent the rest of the week hiding my nails from Mrs Rogers and Mrs Ras. Great times I tell you. I got to varsity and I guess all those years of “torture” from school finally sinked in as I suddenly opted for short nails in tons of, totally off-season, colours.

This dreadful trend went on for a couple of years until I met Shanaz and Shanaz met my nails. And thanks to my beautiful friend concepts such as pushing back cuticles and acetone became part of my world. We honestly had too much fun experimenting with all sorts, from dots, lines and decorative stickers and I gradually quit complaining about these dear nails that grow at the speed of light. Instead, I embraced some of the most beautiful nail art on long and short nails.


This particular day I was off to a stunning vintage themed party so we opted for the classic French manicure with the added the silver lining. It is incredibly beautiful how something as simple as having your nails in order can do to ones confidence.










Have a lovely week everyone and Happy Sunday NailDay
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment