Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday 12 July 2014

Pre-Graduation



So despite the fact that I paid extra to have my graduation pictures emailed to me, I am STILL waiting for the email to come through. At the rate things are going, if they come any time before Christmas, I will be incredibly overjoyed. But my friends have been asking about these pictures for ages now so I thought, if I can’t share the real thing, I can at least share the build up to my GRADUATION.


Now you all know that you receive your results stating that you’ve graduated long before the graduation ceremony. So I’d already had my “O YEAH!” moment when I got my results and days before the ceremony, two things filled my heart with sunshine. Firstly, my mama was here!! And secondly, this one you may have guessed, all the make-up prep and the tiny bit of shopping involved.


My mom was determined to get me into a white dress so when we came across this one we just knew it was the one. I kept things very simple and just added extra sparkle with my not-so-real diamante earrings. I stuck to my favourite neutrals with the eye make-up and finished the look off with one of my fav products by Revlon. It is actually a lip liner and not lipstick but one day I tried it on its own and I was pretty pleased with the result. 

Hair




Make-up



OOTD






Happiness 




The crazy thing is, while the focus was on the graduates on the day, I couldn’t stop but be proud of my mom for all her hard work. All the sacrifices she’s made putting me through school and uni all by herself and for just being my biggest source of inspiration.  Thinking of my mom always reminds me of one of my favourite quotes: 

“In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives. In the end, maybe it's wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.” – Elizabeth Gilbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment