Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday 22 September 2014

Instagram Report




Pictures - @asi_lily

A little while ago someone asked why I’m so scarce on Instagram… So this is me giving the full story behind my disappearing act. What happened was, I “lost” my phone the day I left Germany. Lost is in inverted commas coz the “lost” phone was actually lying in a packet with some souvenirs  I’d bought that day. I didn’t think to check the packet coz I was just sure I’d left it in the tram but sometime in December I had to give a friend a souvenir and there lay my dear phone after 4 months chilling in a plastic bag. I then shared a few pictures from my vacation in Cape Town and JHB in December and I would’ve continued to share had I not dropped my phone, crashed the screen and was forced to say goodbye iPhone and hello Blackberry. So after a few months, I have made my way back to the world of insta-this and insta-that and this post will just answer a few things about @asi_lily on Instagram and what you can expect after you hit “follow”. 




What's your Instagram handle? @asi_lily


How many accounts do you follow? 197


How many followers do you have? 223


What are your favourite hashtags? #friendship, #travel, #nomnomnom and there’s a whole lot of #happiness and #latepost.


What is your favourite genre of photo? I love earth. So my instagram is full of landscape shots, from #Kilimanjaro, to #Barcelona and some lovely scenery from my hometown. I’m also quite a foodie and these days there’s been quite a bit of selfie action as well… blame it on MAC.



How often do you post? I couldn’t really say. There’s days I post more than 3 pictures and some weeks, like last week, I’m MIA from Monday til Friday. Internet connection also plays a role on how much I post and just the nature of events I attend. I love capturing moments but I can’t capture much if I’m busy posting - thank goodness for #latepost


How often do you check your Instagram feed? More or less twice a day. I love my sleep so I wouldn’t spend extra sleeping time on social networks. I often see what everyone’s been up to at lunch time and also in the evenings when I check mails etc. This is just easier coz I make use of http://iconosquare.com/ on my pc most of the time anyway.

What's your favourite filter? I use Hefe and Rise quite often. But these days I’ve actually turned to other editing apps for my posts. I’m loving the Photo X filters and just some of the editing options on my mobile. I also went through a phase of mad addiction to Instashape for putting pictures together but often it feels like a lot of effort so I tend give that app a skip.



Smartphone purist or rebel?
 

I’m a bit of a rebel… (this means that most of my pictures are camera photos that are sent to my phone for uploading). One major reason for this of course, is that I am a blogger. So I often download pictures from my blog and use them for promoting a blog post. Otherwise my phone takes pretty decent pictures as well, so I’m probably more of a purist if you ask me.



Your three favourite IG accounts?

@sinomondliwa ensures that my Instagram browsing maintains the necessary level of style and wisdom.

I also enjoy @chocolates_10. Any gentlemen looking for some fashionably handsome ensembles can thank me later.

And lastly, aaaah such a tough one coz so many people post so many cool things, but my third favourite will have to be @thepatriciabright my favourite blogger and youtube guru.

And that ladies and gents marks the end of my little Instagram info sesh.

I hope this Monday is showing you as much love as it is showing me.

PS: Be sure to comment with your handle and I’ll be sure to pay your account a visit

Hashtag cheerio

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment