Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 28 September 2014

Snip Snap



Photographer - Marelize Smit

So you may have noticed inMy Heritage post that my hair is looking a whole lot shorter than before. I started this year off with shortish hair, changed my relaxer and my hair started growing seriously fast. I experimented with a number of youtube videos on hair growth and volume – everything from stretching my relaxer period, making use of homemade hair masks and at a stage I stopped applying heat to my hair and made use of good ol’ hair curlers (rollers). Basically, I was bored with my hair and my sensitive scalp forced me to put an end to all things hair extensions related.



You will remember that I had a weave for graduation – that was a quick fix from my beautiful Thati... See if she does my hair I can  scream and shout and we take a million breaks in between for me to woosa. Otherwise, I’ve kept it all natural this year. Now the issue with natural hair is that it requires quite a bit of maintenance – for me anyway. So one day I’m blow-drying my hair after a swim and I thought,”It would probably take waaay less time to dry and style this hair if it was a little shorter.” So the next day I went to the hair salon and bid a few inches farewell.





Okay, the decision wasn’t so rash. I thought of cutting my hair so I hit Pinterest for some ideas and I eventually came across a beautiful picture from a Wella advert. I took the picture to the hair salon and Matthew got the hair-cut just right.



A few weeks later, I am loving how quick and easy I get my hair done in the mornings and even my mom, who wasn’t on board with the whole hair-cuttin idea, is loving the hair now. The only “problem” with my new hair-do are the weekly visits to the hair salon – every 2 weeks - just for control. I got my own cutting-comb to trim the sides every now and again but I leave trimming the back to the professionals.


All in all – I am loving my shorter hair. I’m feeling quite in touch with my grown woman side of life. And while I have no idea how long I will be keeping my hair this length coz I may miss my longer locks, but til then, I’m in pure hair bliss.

Happy Sunday beautiful people

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment