Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Knowledge is as good as Gold



Pictures - Courtesy of lecturers

And this post is dedicated to the end-year function that saved myself and a number of others from slight insanity. The venue was a beautiful display of gold -  complete with dripping candles and the lovely smell of olive quiche lingering in the air. The speeches kept to the principles of K.I.S.S. and after a sassy dance performance from one of my fav people, dinner was served and wine glasses refilled. And it was downhill from there… Only kidding, that’s just when all the fun began.


I do worry about my anti-socio tendencies at times. At some stage during the event someone wanted to take a picture so I thought I’d rather share the picture with another person instead of looking like a loner at an event. So you know, easiest solution for that would be to ask the guy next to you to join-in, so I did and lol, just before my friend took the picture, I casually asked, ”So… was jou naam nou weer?” ^^ But besides “meeting” fellow students, I enjoyed some good convo and became a proud member of way too many superselfies in the end. I was also really happy to see a familiar face from my hometown, “Forward, Forward let us strive”.






The event was obviously followed by an after-party and for me, the after party was followed by a horrifying journey home thanks to snow in the Eastern Cape, but that’s a topic for another day. Sometime during the event I thought; with hardships and all, studying is wonderful privilege. And blessed are those who do what they can to make it fun every now and again (i.e. The Business Management Department).

I have only known some of my good friends a few months now but I know that one day when I am old and hopefully not too grey, I will look back to my younger days and somewhere in my mind-box labelled “some of the best times in my life” I will see Dr van Zyl in his Einstein costume, I will see my Consumer Behaviour mark and if my memory is still intact, I am certain something from Gondwana will pop-up.

Work hard, Play hard guys ;)


Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment